Monday, March 21, 2011

Roast Capsicum and Feta Ravioli..Delicious!

Just had my first attempt at homemade pasta and was extremely happy with the result! It doesn't look that pretty but I'm sure we can work on that. Here's the recipe if your'e brave enough to give it a go..xx


Pasta Dough
1 Cup finely sifted flour
3 Eggs


Combine in blender until soft then knead thoroughly and roll out with loads of flour on a flat surface. Love the way the dough feels at this stage, so light and fluffy! You want to get it as thin as possible, but make sure it doesn't stick to the board.
Use a knife or cookie cutters to cut the dough into shapes. 
Filling
Before making the dough chop a red capsicum into quarters and grill in the oven till soft. 
Chop thinly and mix with around 200grams of feta. Add a dash of Balsamic Vinegar. 
Option - Roast capsicum could be easily and tastily replaced with sundried tomatoes. 


 Once you have your dough cut in to shapes you can start putting a spoonful of the filling in the centre of each and then placing another shape on top. Seal the pasta by pressing a fork around the edges. 
Boil 4-5 Ravioli at a time in simmering water. Make sure the water isn't boiling heavily as this will seperate the pasta.


After 5-8 minutes remove each piece of ravioli and place on a ovenproof dish with a little extra-virgin olive oil until all ravioli is cooked. 


I served my Ravioli with a creamy garlic sauce, using garlic, white wine, cream and a teaspoon of feta but this pasta would also be great with a mushroom sauce, pesto sauce or light tomato sauce. 


Hope you enjoy it!
Love always,
CrystalJane...x

1 comment:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

    I have blogs also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    I mostly post about the California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

    Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)

    Jesse Noe Mendez

    ReplyDelete